Monday, June 8, 2009

Zoo Fun

So, my kids finally busted my glasses to the point where the lenses won't stay in at all. I needed a new prescription anyway, so I guess it all worked out and I have been loving wearing contacts more while I've been waiting to get the glasses.

I gave Logan the frames and he walks around the house saying, glasses, my new glasses, it's really cute and I think he's pretty darn cute in glasses too, although I don't wish that upon him yet..or at all for that matter. And is it sad that my glasses fit my 2 year old....yeah, I have a little head and I shop for my glasses in the kids section, it's usually cheaper that way though. :)
This week we got to go to Hogle Zoo and use our zoo pass. It was really run. My friend Kristen and her little boy Miles came with us. We were really excited for the Pachyderm Program, which I thought would be some awesome elephant tricks...
...but it just happened to be the rhino day and we just got to see them feed the rhinos. It was still pretty cool, I even learned something. Did you know that a group of rhinoceros is called a crash. I think that's pretty cool.
Elephants are my favorite though. I guess they are expecting a baby elephant in a few more weeks too, I hope we get to see the baby elephant. :)
This is Damon waiting for the elephants to come out...but it ended up just rhinos. He still looks happy though.
And Logan is trying to climb out of the stroller so he can run around. I'm sure if I let him, he'd run straight into the rhinos and get eaten.
And this is Damon trying to get out and eat the camera. I love his blue eyes.
The zoo was actually a really good workout. It's really hilly, especially when you have a double stroller that you are pushing. This is a big turtle, but I didn't get a very good shot. We had a really fun time and I'm excited to go back again.
On Saturday we ran a 5k and Morgan was nice enough to be the one to jog with the stroller. It was a little chilly since the race was at 7:00 in the morning. That little stinker of a husband of mine was getting himself all prepped to run a terrible race because he had the kids and he came in around 25:00 minutes. That's an awesome time with or without a stroller, especially since he hasn't been doing any running for the last couple years or so. He's really sore now though and paying for it. :) I came in at 28:39. I really wanted to beat 30 minutes, so I was really happy that I did and I was only about 20 seconds or so from my fastest time. I have another 5k coming up in a couple weeks, so hopefully I will finally set a new record. That's about all the exciting stuff that happened this week. Well, I did get a new haircut, that I LOVE, but all the pictures I took, just didn't turn out good, so maybe I'll have Morgan take one to post later. :) Until next time....

7 comments:

heidijogoody said...

I think Logan looks stinkin cute in those glasses! Good job on running the 5k in under the time you wanted to!

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

Way to go on the 5K! I love the zoo! As if nobody knew that...we went yesterday with Brad's parents and it was awesome. You guys should come out for a visit and you can got to Omaha's zoo with us!

Mike and Quel said...

Logan totally looks like a glasses boy! He would be so cute with them! I want to see your hair cut!

Emily said...

Logan does look so cute in glasses! Mylee likes to play with my glasses too. I can't wait for the day when I get LASIK and don't have to worry about contacts or glasses!

Lindsey said...

I want to see your hair cut!! I love how a new hair cut feels. I bet it is so cute. Congrats on your 5k time. That is awesome.

Belle said...

Logan does look cute with the glasses, but that would really stink if he had to have them someday. glasses are always getting in the way! the zoo looks like fun, we'll have to go with you someday!

Adams Family said...

Damon is such a cheese! I love it and miss his instant smiles!