Sunday, April 12, 2009

Marathon Post

No, I didn't run a marathon, but if you decide to read this post in it's entirety, it could probably fill about 26.2 miles of paper if printed out, just wanted to give you a little heads up. :) We'll start from last Sunday.
General Conference

This past general conference was really great. Morgan and I decided to take notes in "shifts" so for one hour I would take notes and he would be in charge of keeping both the babies happy, then we would switch...of course, it always seemed like one or both of them were sleeping when it was his turn to watch them. It did work out really well though and I think we both got a lot out of conference. I think a couple of the really big focuses that hit us were temple work and that now is going to really be a time of testing our faithfulness.

One of my favorite memories of General Conference was putting a whole bunch of blankets on the floor to sit on, so we tried it with the boys and I think they liked it too. :) And it was much softer when I was sitting down there with them trying to keep them entertained.

Little Shenanigans

This week I went down to St. George for a few days to see my new niece, but this is what both of my boys were up the night before we left.

We got our carpets cleaned on Monday so we had a big box of baby clothes in the kitchen (I normally keep it at the foot of Logan's bed to put clothes in when they grow out of them). Logan thought it was great fun to climb up and into the sink. He was entertained for almost 30 minutes just turning the water on and off.
Damon has been teething and starting solid foods this past 6 weeks or so. I got him some biter biscuits, which are really fun, but really messy. You can't really tell, but everything is covered in a gooey soggy cookie-like mess. But Damon sure was happy.

Happy Early Birthday Logan

Our St. George trip had a two-fold purpose: see my new niece and have a little party for Logan. Logan's birthday is today (April 12th) and he's 2 years old!!! I can't believe it. We celebrated it for the first time last Tuesday when we got to St. George. It all sort of worked out that a lot of my brothers were in town too, so Logan got to play with all his cousins. We did a little Easter Egg Hunt for his birthday and then had some ice cream cake. It was delicious, and the little kids did really well for their first Easter egg hunt.
That's actually a picture of Logan biting the frosting off the cake. I thought he would try to grab it, or put his hand in it, but no, he thought it would be more effective if he just bit it...and I think he might have had a couple cars in his hands that didn't leave him with one to grab at the cake. :)

Playing in Sunny St. George

The weather in St. George was absolutely wonderful. It wasn't super hot yet, so we got to spend a lot of time outside with the cousins. Logan loves his cousins "Kashee" (Kashlynn) and "Linkee" (Lincoln) and had so much fun being around them. We had Kash come over and play in the mornings with us and we went for wagon rides (which I didn't get any good pictures of), played on the airplane teeter totter, played in the dirt, and even had a fun bathtime.
I think Logan's favorite was the dirt. He loved to grab handfuls of it and dump it on his head. I finally gave up trying to keep him cleaned and resigned myself to the fact that he is a little boy and probably from here on out will always be a little dirty and stinky from running around and getting into everything. I guess that's the price I pay for having boys, and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. :) Besides, it was warm enough I could just hose him off before we went inside.

Racing with Papa

My dad does a mini-indy race car thing with work every year and so from time to time he'll have go-karts in the garage. We decided it would be fun to take Logan and Lincoln for a ride...Damon is still a little bit too small. So, we went up to an empty parking lot and we had a great time.
They had a great time racing around the parking lot. To Logan the race car was "Carmine" His favorite show right now is Little Einsteins and there is an episode with a race car named Carmine, so he got to ride in "Blue Carmine" It was really cute.

Birthday Party #2

When we got back from St. George we had a little family get together planned for Logan's birthday/Easter with Morgan's family. We went over to his parents house and did another little Easter Egg hunt, opened presents, ate cupcakes, played in the bounce-house (sorry, no pictures) and had a fun time hanging out with Logan's other cousins. :)
I really can't believe that my little cheeser is 2 years old. Time has just flown by so quickly. So, suffice it to say, this has been a really busy and fun-filled week, but I think I'll end here by just telling you a little bit more about Logan. He loves cars, airplanes, trains, basically anything with wheels. He loves to talk and isn't very shy...which can sometimes be a problem when he will wander around finding people to talk to, I really have to keep an eye on him. He loves his little brother and "gives loves" and kisses all the time. He hates to share, but we're working on it. He loves Little Einsteins, Toy Story, and strawberry milk. He knows his colors, numbers 1-10, alphabet, and an occasional shape or two. He LOVES being outside and we can't wait to play outside more in the good weather.
He still takes an afternoon nap, but really doesn't want to. :) He's my picky eater but he will eat: Mac & Cheese, homemade pizza, chicken nuggets, cheese, yogurt, fruit, ice cream, and just about any cookie, we're still working on the veggies, although we do hide spinach in smoothies occasionally and he loves it. He loves to be a "helper" and will "help" me unload the dishwasher or switch out the laundry from washer to dryer. His vocabulary is really growing quickly and now we have to watch what we say, but my all time favorite is when he comes into the room and looks at me and says: "there's a mama" :) It makes my day. I love him so much and can't believe how fast he's grown. With Logan around there is never a dull moment.

3 comments:

heidijogoody said...

What a fun time between all the parties for Logan to spending time with family in St. george. I can't believe he is 2 either my how time goes by.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

Logan can't be 2! That means Donovan is almost 2!! We will definitely have to get together while I am out there (2 weeks from today), I think they would have a lot of fun together.

Nicki Swilor said...

Happy Birthday Logan! I haven't been on your blog for a long time. The boys are getting so big. I can't stop laughing at the little girl posing in the bathtub. That's gonna be good for when she starts dating. haha Cute kids.