Sunday, December 30, 2007

Oklahoman Utah Adventures Week 21

December 23rd - 30th

Wow, I can't believe our time in Utah is almost over. It has been such a fun time to relax and enjoy family. (Although we're going to have a heck of a time getting Logan back into a good routine - he's so spoiled :) So, we were in Salt Lake (Sandy to be specific) for the beginning of the week. On Sunday night we went up to a relative's house and the whole family was there. Even after almost 4 years of marriage I hadn't met all the cousins on the White side (Morgan's mom's family) and I finally got to meet all of them, it was great. We did a lot of talking, eating, relaxing and catching up that night, unfortunately, my camera ended up staying in the diaper bag most of the time. :(

On Monday-Christmas Eve-we decided that we should basically celebrate Christmas with Morgan's immediate family. We were staying with his parents so we just slept in (about 5:00am with Logan) and just hung around while we waited for everyone to get there. We had the traditional ham and egg breakfast (for dinner) that evening and opened presents. Logan got some great toys and some cute outfits. We played our white elephant bingo game and watched some "Planet Earth" on the big screen. He's my little Christmas elf. No, that hat is not pushing his ears out like that, they really stick out, it's so cute....maybe he does have a little elven blood in him. :)

On Tuesday - MERRY CHRISTMAS - since we were done with all the family parties up north we decided to drive down to St. George and surprise my mom, boy was she surprised. I called her when we were about 15 minutes away to tell her our plans about coming down on Thursday when the weather looked good again. She was shocked when we walked in the door. It was great. Logan got to play with his only cousin on my side of the family, Kashlynn. They were pals at first sight. They had a blast playing with each other almost everyday!And of course, grandma couldn't resist holding both of them. :)

So, for the rest of the week you can imagine all the fun we had playing games until late in the night, we went to a movie, we got to hang out with Logan's only cousin on my side and we mostly relaxed and enjoyed not having to work or study. It might take a while to get back into the swing of things when we get home. :) Unfortunately, Logan did most of his sleeping during the day with Uncle Ty (above) or Papa Goodman (below) and left the sleepless nights to me. I guess we just wore him out with all that game playing.

Finally some pictures are on our blog, We hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

4 comments:

heidijogoody said...

It sounds like you had some fun time. I am glad and I hope you can get Logan back on a good schedule.

Kassie said...

Hi Morgannie and Logan,

Bree and I think your family is so cute! Logan is seriously cute! As we were scrolling, I said "Only Morgan could make a perfect pancake." and Bree said "Seriously, only Morgan would have McDonald pancakes." ha/ha
I have a blog if you want to visit...I need your email to invite you three!
kassieannie@aol.com

heidijogoody said...

i love the cute christmas outfit.

CassideeT said...

Sounds like Christmas in Utah was lots of fun! I love the pictures of Logan and Kashlynn playing together. They'll have a fun time together as cousins.