Sunday, December 2, 2007

Oklahoma Week 17

November 26th - December 2nd

Now for the stuff you've all been waiting for....drum roll please....pictures of Logan! YAY! This week has been considerably less eventful, but when you have a 7 1/2 month old, it's always an adventure.It's a little blurry, but you can see his teeth a little better than last week's picture, and they've grown in a little bit more. I'm not really looking forward to the next emerging teeth. He's gets better everyday, but then he starts going through another phase. He's starting to go through his attachment phase which is making it harder and harder for him to be away from mommy or daddy. He fights his naps and doesn't like to go to sleep unless we rock him to sleep. Which for now I'm fine with so I can get some sleep. He knows how to put himself to sleep and he used to be such a great sleeper, but attachment phase, along with growth spurts, and teething makes a great recipe for sleepless nights and lots of cuddling, so it all evens out. :)So, now that he has teeth, it's even more important to take care of those teeth. (Please don't let him get my teeth...please, please, please.) The doctor told us to wipe out his mouth at night with a gauze or baby cloth before bed to start developing good habits. He fights me on this a little until he realizes how fun it is to chew on the washcloth, then he doesn't want to let it go. When he gets more teeth we'll eventually graduate to a toddler toothbrush, I can't wait to get him a cool spiderman, or dragon toothbrush, not that he'll remember, but I'll have fun with it at least.Logan LOVES paper. Give him a piece of paper and he'll be happy all day...at least until he eats it all. I'm sure he's digested plenty now. I'll put him in the middle of the floor to play while I'm working and look up a few seconds later and he's across the room and into the paper. He likes the crinkly sound it makes, it's amazing the little things that grab his attention. I think we know what to put in his stocking for Christmas. :) Speaking of Christmas, we finally got our lights up this week and our tree!
It's just a little tree, but it's just the right size for our family right now, besides, we're going to be leaving it behind when we go to Utah for Christmas. Morgan was such a good dad and helped me get it up and put up all the lights on the house. Logan likes the tree too, he's not sure what's all the hullabaloo is all about, he's just knows it's shiny and off limits, so naturally we have to watch him more closely when he's rolling around in the living room. He's done really well with it though.
Daddy and The Buddy like to work out together. You'll see lots of pictures with Logan in his cute little pajamas, we got them thinking they would be great Christmas pajamas, but they barely fit after we washed them, so now he wears them as much as possible before he grows out of them.
51.....52.....53......54......100! Wow, Logan is one tough baby, not even breaking a sweat.


Pretty exhausting if you ask me though. I love it when he cuddles like that. He sleeps just like his daddy with his mouth wide open.


Special Delivery! Logan is the best gift in the whole world that we could ever ask for. We love him so much! I can't wait for Christmas and the holiday season, this is my favorite time of the year. Looking back we had a great week, Morgan finished one of his finals, only 2 more to go, and I'm about 102% sure that he'll get an A in all his classes, he's such a hard worker! I was sick with a cold for a few days, but we've beaten that and luckily Logan didn't get it and we're all happy and healthy. And to end, Logan would like to blow you all some kisses!
Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Oh my goodness I love those last two pictures of Logan such a cutie. Your little tree turned out cute too :)

Robyn said...

Annie, it's been so long. I am so glad you found me on here! Isn't it crazy how lives change and time goes by?? Seeing your cutie baby makes me so excited! I am so glad to see you are doing so great.

kgoody said...

Wow hes getting so big. I love when their teeth start coming in, its such a difference to see them when they smile. Calli is getting all four of her first set of molers:(