Sunday, December 9, 2007

Oklahoma Week 18

December 2nd - 9th
This week has been an interesting one, there have been a few noteworthy events. Last Sunday Nola and Gary and Brayden came over for dinner and to play games and I was feeding Logan in his high chair and suddenly he started choking. Immediately my instincts kicked in and I stuck my finger in his mouth and tried to swipe out whatever was in there, then I took off the high chair tray while calling Morgan (he was cleaning up dishes) and whipped Logan out of the chair and by the time I had him on my arm he was already breathing again. It was really bizarre in that while it was happening (which was only a split second, by the time Morgan looked over to see what was happening, it was already over) I was very calm and didn't really feel panicked until it was all over. It happened so fast, but I can remember it feeling so long. It was scary when it was all over, but I'm glad that I "knew" what I was doing. I definitely thank our Heavenly Father for programming that one into me. :) So, that was my little fright this week, I guess something was bound to happen eventually that would scare me. He's doing great now by the way.On Monday we got to babysit Brayden. They had a lot of fun together, Logan was a little possessive of his mommy, he made sure I stayed close by. This was one of the rare moments that I didn't have one or the other in my arms. They were both mesmerized by the mobile.

That didn't last very long though, Logan is too wiggly these days to sit still for very long. I enjoyed it while it lasted though.

Morgan was a big help that day too. I don't know what I would have done without him. There is definitely a reason it takes 9 months to have another baby 3 months difference is just too close. Hats of to Ben & Heidi (my cousins) and anyone else with twins, triplets, or multiples, I don't know how you do it. We did survive and I am getting a little baby hungry again...I know I know, Logan is still a baby, but I just don't feel like our family is complete yet. (no, it's not an announcement...I wish!)

It's getting a little colder here and I've been sick, so it seems extra cold and the other day I was wearing a beanie and Logan kept pulling it off my head, so I put it on his. It actually fit him really good.He's such a cutey pie! He actually ended up wearing the beanie most of the day. We played peek-a-boo and I would pull it down over his face, he couldn't quite figure out that he had to pull the hat up though and kept trying to pull it down like he does the blankets. :)

So, last week his favorite toy was paper, this week it's any type of crinkly wrapper, he played with my fruit snack wrapper for hours, so we decided to keep it in his pile of toys (don't worry, we keep a close eye when he's playing with it so he doesn't choke-I don't want to go through that again).
Well, now that I've trained Logan on my job, I think I'll quit. I think he does a better job than me anyway.
He's so curious now that I can't hold him on my lap while I work. We're still trying to sort out a good schedule for work. Now that he doesn't take very long naps, my free work-time has been slashed considerably.
So, we'll trade and he can do my work and I'll take the naps!
Finally last night he took a decent nap, too bad it was at 6:00pm and we couldn't put him down for the night. He woke up about 8:30 and we gave him a bath and then he was up and down until about midnight...crazy boy. There was supposed to be a big storm here and the power was going to go out and all that, so when he woke up around 1:00 I decided that he could just come and sleep with us in case that did happen he would stay warm. I'm not sure our family would too to well with the whole co-sleeping. We disturb Logan when we roll over and I'm too paranoid about squashing him that I didn't really sleep at all and Morgan was so paranoid about suffocating him that he didn't sleep well either, about 5:00am when the power was still on he woke up, I fed him and he fell back asleep and Morgan put him back in his crib. We got a very wonderful 2 hours of sleep until the alarm went off.

Some snow storm, eh? We got a call at about 8:00am that church was canceled. I guess it must have hit worse in other areas. I've never had church canceled before, it's been really weird today. We were already up though, so we got the blog done really early and made pancakes and Logan helped.

We're definitely looking forward to a family nap later today. Well, I guess that does it for this week. Maybe the storm hasn't really hit yet and next week we'll have some fun stories about that. Until next time....

4 comments:

Sandra said...

What? Church cancelled?! What kind of church is this anyways?

heidijogoody said...

Oh yes thanks to those motherly instincts huh. It always freaks me out when the girls choke too. Logan is really such a cutie pie. I love your weekly blogs.

Emily said...

I would be so scared if Mylee started choking! I'm so glad you knew exactly what to do. Logan is absolutely adorable! I understand your baby hungry feeling . . .Landon and I have already started talking about the next one!

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

We had church canceled once too! These silly midwesterners just don't know how to drive in the snow!!