Monday, December 7, 2015

Nov 29-Dec 6

This week has been a crazy week, I feel like we have been filling it up with a lot of stuff, hopefully some of it can slow down a little bit as we get better organized.  Tragon has been doing amazingly well on the piano and has been loving it.

 It's so fun to see my boys developing their talents.  Tragon likes to play, but I think he also likes to have something specific to do.   We also started karate this week with all three boys, there was a special 6 week lessons for $1, so we figured why not.
 Tragon and Sequoia are in the same class and doing really well.  I've been so proud of him and how respectful he has been to the instructors.  And they are just super cute in their uniforms.


 I think they have been enjoying it even though it has been quite a headache for the parents.  :)  We have to haul all the kids there and it's pretty crowded while everyone is trying out karate for $1.  We will see what happens after the trial period, some days I don't even know if we will make it through the whole 6 weeks.
 I've been trying to take pictures of school work instead of keeping all the papers, this was my favorite letter that has come home so far.
 We had our Ward Christmas part and the primary sang Silent Night.  It was a little hectic, but turned out alright...that's only about 1/2 to 1/3 of our actual primary.
 Damon won the character award for the month of November, it was Patriotism.  That kid sure surprises me, one minute he's being defiant and feeling overworked and the next minute he's being super helpful and just a rock start kid.  I love that dude.
 After we got home from Thanksgiving we put up our tree and Christmas decorations.  The boys had fun helping.
 We've been pretty consistent with the advent cards so far, I love them!
 This was Damon's playground collage.
 Day 2 of karate.
 Logan, Lincoln, and Damon are in the same class.  Surprisingly Logan has been the one taking it more seriously than the others.  Damon and Lincoln get a little silly in class.  Logan has been a champ and super respectful in class and I think he's actually learning a lot.  Morgan and I feel like 8 really is the best age to start them in things.  Most activities that we have done up to this point don't really feel like they sink in.  At least it's not worth paying a ton of money for.

I love how much my kids are learning in school.  All of my boys are doing so well.  Jaron even does his ABCMouse preschool at home and I've been surprised at some of the things he knows.  Looking back on this year, I can't believe that we are coming to a close.  Christmas is right around the corner and then a new year begins.  I said at the beginning of this year that great things were in store and I believe that we have had some amazing experiences this year, some more challenging than other, but still in the end we have learned a lot.  I feel like there is even more good to come next year.  I hope this season that we can continue to focus on our Savior and what He has done for us and remember that it's okay to stumble and not be perfect and not get everything done on your list as long as you are getting the things done that He wants you to.

Until next time...

No comments: