Saturday, December 31, 2011

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

We had such a wonderful Christmas. I wish I would have posted a little sooner though. So, Christmas Eve we went and spent with Morgan's parents and family in Sandy. It was definitely a full house, but it was fun. The boys had a blast seeing all their cousins and getting to play. Grandma and Papa got them some fun books to look at and some pajamas that they are so excited to wear every time they come out of the washer. :)Logan got a new dress shirt in his stocking and wore it Christmas Day, he was very handsome. Damon got him a Spiderman watch that he sported more of the day too, it's a little bit too big on his wrist and he just can't help himself when it comes to pushing the buttons, so the time on his watch isn't always terribly accurate.
Damon got a new pair of shoes (killer deal at Kohl's for about $3.00) in his stocking and they matched his Sunday outfit, so he got to wear his tennis shoes to church, but no more since they have now been in the dirt pile by our house. :)
Tragon got some socks in his stockings. I hadn't realized how much his feet had grown until I noticed that his heel on his sock was closer to the toe than the heel. :) And I was really surprised when the bigger size of jammies fit him. Damon is now passing clothes basically straight to Tragon instead of having to skip a size and wait a little longer. He sure has grown up fast. I guess I'm ready now for another baby to snuggle.
Damon, Daddy, and Logan were having fun with the Christmas Stockings. Logan used his like a hat and Damon and Morgan walked around the house for a while with them as booties.
We were all going to have a "sleepover" in the boys room Christmas Eve, but about the middle of the night it just wasn't working out, so I went back to my chair, Morgan took Tragon up to bed, and he did too. Still though, we were pretty wiped out the next day, as you can see by Morgan little cat nap before church.
Damon actually took the picture of me and Buddy. It was after several attempts though to get him not to put his thumb over the lens or the flash or something.
The boys love to help me make breakfast and most of the time they are pretty good with it. I think this was closer to New Years than Christmas. We were making some french puff pastry things for breakfast. They turned out pretty good, but I put a little too much cinnamon and sugar, so next time we'll know better.
They love to pull the chairs over and help me measure and dump and stir.
And like I said, most of the time they are pretty good, except for the time a few days ago when we were making apple/pear pie filling and Logan was taste testing the chopped apples and pears and came to a pear he didn't like and he spit it out in the pan with all the good apples and pears....I think I was able to get it all out, suffice it to say we didn't share those with the neighbors. :)
Logan is getting too old for me too fast. He wants to do everything on his own and can't understand why he just can't yet. I know I need to let go of some things, but sometimes I just want to do it all.
Logan and Damon are the best of buds even though they sometimes fight like cats and dogs. In the end they would be very bored if they didn't have each other. Most of the time Damon is willing to go along with Logan's scheme's but I've seen Damon really put his foot down too, or maybe I should say "sink his teeth in" when he disagrees or feels picked on. :)
Logan at the end of the New Year: 4 years old going on at least 7. His smiles and "good" manners are enough to allow him to do basically anything....if only he knew that. :) Most of the time he is a super helper and is very willing to help me around the house. He has a sneaky side to him and knows how to make mischief, but is still pretty sensitive to everything around him.
Damon: 3 years old going on....5. He thinks he needs to be in school with Buddy too. Good thing this new year we'll be doing "home preschool" He loves to play and still loves Thomas the Tank Engine. He's a great helper when he wants to be, but just as stubborn too. Again, when he uses his "good" manners and "nice" voice he could probably weasel anything out of me, but he's still perfecting that talent.
And Tragon at the end of the year is 17 1/2 months and ready to nursery, that's for sure. He's been going in with me on occasion when I do music time in there and has been really good. He'as a climber and jumper and follower of his big brothers. His vocabulary is exploding right now and he can communicate with us pretty well. He loves do be getting into things and mischief and has a sly little grin and glint in his eye when he does. He loves to be chased around, but is also a very independent person and is fine playing alone.

I love my family so much and this year has definitely been filled with it's challenges. We ended the year by watching "17 Miracles" and boy does that change your perspective and outlook for the next year. We are so grateful for what we have been blessed with and hope that we can continue to earn those blessings. Our goals for the new year center mainly on those things that are going to bring our family closer to our Savior and closer as a family.

We are excited for the New Year and all that it will bring along with it...especially our new baby boy who will hopefully make his appearance sooner rather than later. :) So, until next time....

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

It sure looks like you guys had a great Christmas and end to the year!