Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Weekend

We have had so much fun having Daddy home for a couple days this holiday break. We've been playing lots of board games.And having lots of fun just being a family.
And enjoying some yummy treats (Nutella toast).
Candyland has been the favorite as of late. Morgan had Thursday and Friday off this week and so on Thursday I didn't have to get a babysitter for my dr. appt. or my dentist appt. and it was so nice. They played lots of fun games during that time.

In between my appointments we took the boys to do their own Christmas shopping at the dollar store. They have been earning money helping me do laundry and unload the dishwasher and they were pretty excited to take their money in. I'm not sure they quite understood the concept of giving their money away and there being less of that, or at least caring what that really meant. But it was really fun to see them pick stuff out for each other. I helped Tragon, but Logan was pretty in tune with what he thought his brothers would like. Damon still needed a few suggestions, but still picked out some awesome stuff and they'll have a couple surprises from each other. They did think it was pretty cool to hand the cashier all their quarters and coins.

We took them out to lunch at Chik-fil-a and they got to play in the little play place area for a while and really enjoyed that, but it was getting pretty crowded, so we came home to let Tragon get a good nap.

Thursday afternoon when Tragon woke up we were looking for something to do and since we have the pass of all passes and it was really windy and cold we decided to check out Trafalga...so was everyone else, there were no parking spots and nobody outside, so we knew it would be too crowded. We opted to go "real" bowling at the new Jack and Jill lanes in Lehi. As a bonus I had a buy one get one free game too. The boys loved it. They had cool little ramps that the boys could put the ball on and then push it off. They were giving Morgan quite a run for his money. :) They only really had the attention span for one game, so we had to get a little creative to keep them into for the second game. We let Tragon play on the second game, the first one he just watch absolutely fascinated. He would give his hand a big kiss and then slap that ball down the ramp, it was hilarious. We got it on video, but it was on my phone and not very good quality so I didn't upload it.

After bowing we went to their arcade place since I had a few dollars in my wallet. We did a big wheel spin for tickets after doing some kiddie ski ball and Logan was only one square away from the 1000 jackpot for tickets, he did end up with 50, so we thought, sweet, let's get some more tickets. Damon ended getting us another 25, and of courser Morgan had to try and show them how it was done and ended up with 15. Haha. They loved it. We let them pick out some little trinkets and treats at the ticket counter and they thought that was pretty cool.

We came home and had some dinner and then we watched a movie together, The Incredible's, which the boys will now watch and request, slowly they are started to watch the movies that they used to love before they got too "scary." It was so nice to just spend the day together and have some fun with Daddy. The boys are going to be sad when he has to go back to work on Tuesday.

On Friday morning we all pitched in and got the house cleaned...thanks to my super scrubber Morgan who did all the tubs, showers, and toilets for me. The weather was beautiful...a little disappointing in the sense that we were really hoping to do some sledding and tubing this break, but alas, you need snow for that. Anyway, there was no wind so we decided to go to the park. I had a few books to get at the library, so the boys dropped me off and I picked up the books and walked up to the park. It was good to get a little fresh air and take a little walk. As I was coming up to the park and I could see my boys (Morgan included) running around on the playground playing tag and hollering and laughing, I just thought to myself how lucky I am to have such a great husband and father who loves his kids and loves to be with them and to play. They were having a blast. We stayed for about 45 minutes before they all started getting a little too cold and were ready for lunch.

Later that afternoon after many rounds of Uno, Memory, Candyland, Chutes and Ladders, among others we were starting to get a little bored. So we decided to binge a little again and took them to Del Taco for dinner so they could play in that play place (seriously, this is usually a once a year occasion so they were pretty stoked, but that just happens when I'm exhausted and don't feel like making dinner and it's the holidays:) After that we decided to stop by Costco, mostly just to kill time, but also to check TVs. Eventually we'll get one for the basement, in the meantime we're just keeping an eye on prices, but maybe next Christmas. :) After the boys had played on all the display toys it was time to go, so we loaded up, came home and got the kids to bed. Then we decided to watch King Kong. We are seriously lacking any Christmas specials, so I'll have to look for some good ones during the after Christmas sale time. Anyway, I made it through the first couple hours before I fell asleep, it's a good thing I usually end up sleeping on a chair anyway, so I could just stay there for the night.

I'm really excited for the rest of the holiday, but I'll do that in the next post, this one is getting kind of long, so until next time......Christmas Eve and Christmas Day......

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

It is always nice to have the hubby home to play with the kids and to help out around the house, and to just spend time as a family. Looks like you guys had a great time.