Thursday, March 3, 2011

February in a Nutshell

February is one the worst months of the year for me. I start the year with great ambitions and motivation and do really well during January to meet all my goals. Then February hits along with reality and I'm not doing so great anymore. The biggest goal though in attending the temple once a month happened, but just barely on the last possible day of February that we could go and even then we staggered it so we wouldn't have to get a babysitter for sick kids. Anyway, March will be better it always is after a little February humility and another boost to re-commit to goals.
The most recent family photo. Some days it takes a second to register that I have 3 kids which means we are a family of 5! It's pretty crazy most of the time, but I sure love all my boys.
Logan was not cooperating this for the camera, but Damon was happy to oblige.
Usually over President's Day we find ourselves down in St. George, but with the work on the basement almost complete we decided to stay up here and my parents came up here for the weekend. The basement is officially finished!!! It's been so nice to have a place for the boys to play and to have a tantrum room back and not have the loud echoing coming from down there. :)
We really enjoyed having Grandma and Papa over and wished they could have stayed longer. Hopefully we'll get to see them again soon. Honestly, the past couple weeks are just a blur of business. I'm sure there was more that happened. We didn't really do much for Valentine's Day, at least not on Valentine's. The boys got a little treat which they didn't end up to fond of, but I have yet to catch the holiday itch and go all out for the holidays, maybe when Logan is older and hears about other cool stuff all his friends do, I may have to step up my game, but until then, I really enjoy low key holidays. I did a "14 Days of Valentines" for Morgan and each day I put a little note in his lunch along with a treat or love note and he even got a couple "presents" like a watch and a gift card for itunes. He surprised me a few days before with some beautiful flowers that actually managed to survive the weekend and then some.

I also became a Volunteer Site Coordinator for bountiful baskets. My cousin had been doing it, but she's pregnant and was able to pass it on to me. It's been really fun. I'm only "in charge" every other week and we have a really good group of volunteers. Bountiful Baskets has sort of been my "thing" that I do every Saturday and I love it. I love having the variety of produce and good food around, someday maybe my kids will even help me eat some of the veggies instead of just the fruit. And it's saved us a ton of money that we would have been spending on groceries.

Other than another round of colds we're all doing well and wishing it were Spring. I think I've got Spring fever and now I have a new grand scheme of how we can do some square foot gardening, I just hope it works out, I would love to have a garden and have the boys "help" me with it, I think it would help us get outside more this spring and summer. So, until next time....which will hopefully be in a week and not another month. :)



1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

yay for having the basement finished but where are the pictures! Sounds like your February was a crazy one!