Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Bring on the Potty!

All three boys are sleeping right now...a miracle, but there is a reason behind it, I'll get to that later and it does have to do with the title of the post. :) Right now I just need to get caught up on the last week and a half.Tragon has been such a good boy. He's starting to stay awake a little more during the day and starting to sleep a little more during the night. I can usually count on at least one 6 hour chunk of time...it just hasn't been consistent as far as from when to when, I never know when that 6 hour sleep time starts.
I love his soft poofy hair just after bath time.
He is a tummy sleeper through and through. There have been a couple times he will sleep on his back, but he keeps his food in better and sleeps better on his tummy.
Logan is really starting to grow up and he is turning into a great big brother. He loves to give Tragon loves and kisses and loves to help Damon build the train tracks. They do still fight and have their wars, but at the end of the day they still love each other.
Damon is my little stinker that gets into EVERYTHING! His favorite tease is to take a toy and run away and throw it down the stairs. He loves to be outside and loves to do anything that Logan is doing including faking falls and "ouchies"
We finally got our yard put in. hehe
Well, I guess technically it's everybody's yard in our neighborhood, but since we are the only ones on our side of the street who actually use it...I claim it all as our own. :)
The basement is coming along. We only have a few more exterior walls to frame, then we need to do the hallway with the doors to rooms. We had our ductwork all done yesterday, we hired that out. Hopefully with a little bit of help from family during Tragon's blessing weekend we'll be able to get most of the framing done.
The boys love to blow bubbles with milk in their cup. I'm not sure how they figured it out, but one day they just started doing it.
And since this mess we've had to ban straws unless we're outside drinking our milk, then they can blow as many bubbles as they want. :)
We tried to get a few good Tragon bath pictures since we have so many of the other boys, but he wasn't really interested in posing.
He's still not quite sure about bath time. I like them more when they can actually sit up in the tub.
He doesn't cry, but he doesn't really seem to enjoy bath time as much as Logan and Damon did when they were little.
Hehe, I couldn't resist. We were getting the boys ready for bath time and Damon found a pair of shoes and put them on and was clomping around the house.
This is our neighbor. We had a neighborhood BBQ on Monday, it was really fun even though half the neighbors didn't show up. We'll try again. He was the grill master, the food was delicious and the weather was so so.
Mmm, those veggies come straight from our garden or our Bountiful Baskets produce that we have been doing the last couple weeks and loving it. I don't know if I can go back to ever buying produce at the grocery store unless it was a dire emergency.
This is half the group. It was so nice to just let the boys play and we got to sit and visit. Tragon slept inside most of the time, but came out a little later.
We have such a fun neighborhood right now. We're excited for more people to move in, even though it is nice to have such a good view and to not have to worry about the kids as much.

So...back to the title of the post. Today we started potty training, for real this time, I'm putting my foot down. Three in diapers is just too many...actually it hasn't really been that bad, but I figured right now is the best time since Tragon does still sleep a lot during the day. Anyway, so after lunch I saw Damon looking like he was going to poop, so I whisked him away to the potty, he didn't poop, but he peed!!! Then Logan sat on the potty too...nothing. I decided I was going to just go for it and I put some Thomas undies on Damon...he loved them so much he didn't want me to take them off for naptime, so I just put a diaper on over them :)
Logan wanted his diaper, but I said no, so he just put his shorts back on without underwear, since he refuses to wear underwear. I told him he would have to go to time out if he peed on his shorts (he really does know better) and he ran to the potty, pulled down his shorts and peed in the potty!!!! Of course they each got there M&M reward.

Logan really wanted a diaper, but I told him he only gets diapers at naptime and bedtime, so he said he wanted to take a nap. I didn't believe him, but I put on a diaper and put them both in the room and told Logan if he got out of bed and didn't take his nap the diaper would come off. (I know, threats probably aren't the greatest, but something needs to motivate him to just get it over with). So, 20 minutes later when I checked on them, both asleep! :) He must really really really not like underwear and love his diapers to take a nap like that, something he hasn't done in almost a year.

Anyway, we'll keep at it today, I'm sure I'll be cleaning up lots of messes the next week or so, but I'm committed now. Well, Tragon is ready to eat, so I better go...until next time....

4 comments:

Jen said...

That's great that Damon is showing interest. That would surely motivate Logan. Parker wasn't trained until the month he turned 3, but I think Jason will be ready a lot sooner.
If Logan likes shorts, maybe you can buy him som little boxers.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

Different things work for different kids. I'm not convinced that there is one right way to potty train every child. Donovan got serious about it after Brad got really upset after 5 accidents in 20 minutes... He knew daddy was serious and stopped having accidents, and if he did have one he got pretty upset about it because he thought he was in trouble. Probably not the greatest way for it to happen, but that was the night it really turned around and he took it seriously. I guess the fear of daddy getting angry was his motivation.

Adams Family said...

Keep at it Annie! I’m sick and tired of changing a 3 ½ year olds stinky diapers, Thomas is such a big boy. I told him that Disney World will only let babies ware diapers and I asked if he was a baby or a big boy and he said a big boy so I told him he better start acting like it because we can’t bring him to Disney World if he is going to ware a diaper like a baby. That sounds so bad but he is trying more, we are going tomorrow to buy a new potty so his pee won’t go all over the floor. It makes him feel bad when that happens, but hey, he’s trying harder now. I was getting fed up with the idea of having 3 in diapers (as you are doing now) so I’m determined that he’s going to use that potty now. To make it nicer, Samuel is trying too, he wants to sit on the potty like his brother and he hates having a stinky diaper so maybe we will be blessed to only have One baby in diapers come November!! Say prayers for me and I’ll say some for you!

Congrats on your new lawn! I want someone to come lay some nice sod on our yards!

heidijogoody said...

yay for potty training I wish you all the luck.. I think once mom is ready it usually ends in success!