Thursday, May 20, 2010

Other Tidbits

I'm trying to be better at taking pictures so that I can remember silly things that my boys do or things that have happened. Ever since we got this little table for Logan's birthday the kids eat at it for at least one meal - except dinner :) This day, it was breakfast. They are both pretty good to stay clean and not spill, except when Damon decides he's ready for a drink of his milk. Then he will take out every single piece of cereal, set it on the table, drink some milk from the bowl, and then put the cereal back in the bowl to eat it. It's pretty funny. I think Logan ended up having about 3 bowls of Cocoa Puffs this morning. I'm not sure if that's because he really loves Cocoa Puffs, or because he ate no dinner the night before...something I forgot until they were already eating. Usually I plan for oatmeal or other healthier, but less desirable breakfasts when I know they will be hungry in the morning.
Yeah, he knows he got away with it too. Silly mommy!

I love that I can just get them a meal and they can eat by themselves, that will definitely help when I'm going to be feeding another one soon.

Logan has been having this weird rash pop up on his tummy off and on for the last month, so the other day I took him in. We thought he might be getting allergies since we've been outside more, or that spiders are getting him at night since we've seen an increase of those around the house, or that it might be some kind of infection. Well, it turned out to be folliculitis, or basically ingrown hair type infection. Most likely it has been caused from his skin getting irritated or chaffed by his clothes and then the hair follicles get irritated and infected and sometimes spread, don't worry, it's not contagious, and he really hasn't seemed to be bothered by it and it usually goes away within the week. It's probably been because we go outside, and there is a lot of wind and heat and his skin gets sweaty and his clothes rub on him. There's not really a whole lot to do to prevent it, and as long as it doesn't bother him and goes away the doctor said it's not a big deal. I'm just glad we figured out what it was.

If only he would have been that nice and happy at the doctor's office. I had to take them both again, and last time, it was a nightmare, this time, only a bad dream. They sort of calmed down once they realized that they didn't have to get any shots. Whenever we would ask Logan what bit his tummy he would always say, "Daddy bit me", or "My shirt bit me". The doctor got a kick out of that.

After a grocery shopping trip in the afternoon - which we rarely do - Logan fell asleep on the way home at around 4:00. He was so tired. I plopped him down on the couch and he just kept on snoozing. Usually he'll wake up once we get inside and want to play, but I guess he was just tuckered out. It was pretty nice though, it was leftover night so I didn't have to make dinner and I got to just cuddle with him for a little while as Damon happily played with cars, books, and puzzles, and occasionally came up to give me and Logan loves.
This week and neighbor friend and I decided to meet up at the park for a picnic, our first attempt was thwarted by rain. Today it was a little chilly with the wind and the sun hiding every 5 minutes or so, but it really was a fun day and the kids had a blast.
I only got a couple pics of them on the blanket eating lunch. As soon as I get the blanket out they know it's time to eat and they come and hover around the lunchbox excited to see what's inside. Today, bologna. Even though I can't stomach it right now, my kids love it and it's one of the only "meats" I can get them to eat, so it works for me. :)
I'm just so grateful for my boys. They are growing up so fast and becoming such fun little people. Hopefully we'll have lots more fun in the coming weeks before we add another one to the fam. Until next time....

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

Lots of cute pictures.. It was good to see you guys at the reunion