Monday, May 17, 2010

I Love Springtime

I just lost my post, twice, so here goes, third time's a charm I guess. Here are just a few pictures. We had some fun this week, but of course I only took pictures on one day. Oh well. The boys love the train tracks and they do pretty good together playing if I make the track big enough.
They've also got a nice system going when they play cars and usually have fun for quite a while before one of them decides to get greedy with the cars.

I was trying to get Logan to smile normal, but he insists on saying cheese now and that gives him a weird face if I don't catch it right. He kind of looks like he's in pain, but he's really happy. :)
We were trying to get Damon to look at the camera, but he kept looking at Daddy instead!
So this past week has been pretty fun. We're basically over our colds, just a little runny noses here and there, so we've been keeping the tissue handy.
I had a doctor appointment and everything is looking fine, only 10 more weeks to go (seems like forever, but I'm sure it will go fast). I was a little anemic though which helps explain why I've been so exhausted the past couple weeks despite being sick and everything else, so now I take a little extra iron with my prenatals and within a week I've really been able to tell a difference. Thank goodness for modern medicine.
On Saturday it was beautiful weather and we wanted to take advantage of that. Morgan and his brother were fixing a leaking pipe at their parent's house, so we went up early and had a picnic lunch in the yard and watered the garden and played until his brother got there. Then my SIL and I entertained the kids while they got their projects done and they headed out to grab a bite to eat at the park. We were able to fly kites for a bit, throw the frisbee, kick the soccer ball, and play on the playground. We had a lot of fun, even if there were a few tantrums. :) That's just to be expected.
We sure wore the kids out though, they fell asleep within about 5 minutes of driving and then when we got home were able to change diapers and get them into pajamas without them waking up. It still didn't help them sleep in any longer, but that night Morgan and I just sat out on the porch and it was so nice to just sit and relax in the nice weather. I hope it lasts a while before the hot summer hits. This week has another good outlook, so hopefully I will get more pictures. Until next time....

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

My girls do the same exact thing with the cheese thing it sure makes for some funny face photos :)