Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday Logan!

I can't believe that my boy is 3 years old. He seems so old to me, but is still so young. He's definitely a challenge, but I think everyday we're figuring out how to do things the right way. This past week we sure had a lot of fun. My mom and dad stopped by for a quick visit on Saturday and Scott and Christine ended up being in town too, so they came over for some birthday cake.
Logan was really excited about his birthday, but I think Damon was more excited to open the presents and Logan was actually fine with that. He didn't want to put down the two "birthday" cars that came on his birthday cake.

They have been doing better with Playdoh, so we got him a little accessory and they love it. It's so fun to sit at their little table and play with it. It's even more fun when I hear Logan and Damon talking about the food and I hear Logan telling Damon "it's just pretend Damon, don't eat it, just pretend" (I must say that a lot).
Again, you'd think it was Damon's birthday, but he was just helping out his big brother. :)

I love it when Logan gets excited and says, "Oh wow!"
I can't remember what was making him smile so big here, but he had a wonderful day!

And Damon loved eating the cake too.
Of course, Logan is my clean eater, so I don't have to strip him to diapers when we have birthdays anymore. :)
But Damon we do.
Big cheeser for the camera.

Scott, my brother and Morgan putting together Logan's tricycle. It's still in the house since it's been too cold to ride outside, but he loves it and so does Damon...I think I know what I'll get Damon for his birthday now. :)
Papa is helping Damon-zilla make some train tracks.

After presents we went up to Hogle Zoo, since we had to go up that way to drop my parents off at the airport and our free pass is almost expired, so I have to get in a couple more good uses while I only have two kids. :)

Logan and Grandma were checking out the elephants and rhinos. Logan just kept asking, "what's that? what's that?" He had a good time walking around and seeing all the animals.
But Damon was fascinated. It was hard to keep him on track to keep up with how fast Logan wanted to see things.
Daddy playing with Logan and Damon with Play-Doh. Morgan said it felt a little girly, but I just said get used to it, make hamburgers, or dinosaurs or something manly. :) I heard them later sizzling steaks, it was really cute. I sure love my hubby, and my boys.
This is actually Logan's first picture that almost has a whole person in it. I think had to delete about 50 pictures after he got a hold of the camera this week. Most were close ups of his nose or the floor.
On Monday night, April 12th, Logan's actual birthday we had Morgan's parents and grandma down for dinner and some cake and ice cream.
I made a carrot cake, and Logan picked out the color of plate and color of frosting. I thought it was pretty funny that it ended up looking like a carrot too. :)
hehe, I just thought this picture was funny because of the mischievous grin on his face as he was looking at the matches.
We were singing happy birthday. Logan is still getting used to Papa Beard's no beard. :)

It took him a couple tries, but he eventually got all the candles blown out.

Morgan and his dad and Damon cheering on Logan for blowing out his candles. We were glad they could come down and celebrate with us again. Today we had a doctor appointment for both the boys...at the same time....never again.....anyway the doctor asked him if he had a birthday and he said no, I don't want a birthday. heheh then he said "I don't want to get big, I want to stay small" It was kind of a rough dr. appointment, I'm glad that only Damon had to get one shot. :) Luckily, all the looks from the nurses seemed to be of sympathy/empathy rather than annoyance at my two screaming and diaper naked kids while we were trying to get them weighed and measured. And, they have both grown! Yay, so to finish up, here are some stats of my two big boys:
Logan - Weight: 26.79lbs (6%) Height: 36.22 in. (21%)
Damon - Weight: 24.8 lbs (31%) Height: 32.68 in. (52%)
Damon is catching up, but Logan is making just enough progress to stay a little bit ahead, although the nurses did ask me if they were twins, I get that a lot. Oh well, what Logan lacks in bulk he makes up for with energy, spunk, and personality. :) I sure love my boys! Happy Birthday again Logan. We love you!

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

It is so crazy how fast time goes! My girls will be 4 years this year! I can't believe how close the boys are in size that is crazy.