Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sledding in the New Year!

We had such a fun New Year! My little Damon is just getting bigger and bigger by the day and now seems like a little boy to me, but not worry, he's still just as clingy as ever. Usually when I'm trying to get Logan's shoes on, Damon gets jealous and wants me to hold him, so we have a battle of wits when we're trying to get out the door. Luckily he's so cute I can't stay frustrated for too long. And I do love it that he likes to snuggle a little more than Logan ever has. :)

For New Year's my parents came up and stayed with us. We have some awesome little hills with all the dirt piles from construction and my mom was dying to take the kids sledding and basically went all over town trying to find a sled. I'm glad she did because Logan and Morgan had a blast!

I went down a few times myself. It was just fun to be out playing in the snow. I forgot how much I like my snow pants.

Logan really liked sledding and being out in the snow. He would do really good until he fell or his hands got too cold.
Damon just loved being outside. He doesn't really like to walk in the snow, but he'll put around in front of our house on the sidewalk for hours.
Grandma got to build a snowman with them. Funny story about that, but you'll have to ask me in person, let's just say that my husband sometime acts about the same age as our 2 1/2 year old. :) We did have some fun snow ball fights though. It was perfect snow for it.

Logan on the sled again.
Despite the picture Damon did NOT like sledding. I think in another year he'll be there, but Logan was sure having a blast. I think we went twice. Once with Grandma and then my brother and his fam came down on New Years and hung out and we took them sledding, but of course I didn't get any pictures. Lincoln and Logan sure had a fun time though.

Mommy heading down the hill to get Logan. He insisted on carrying the sled back up. It was really cute.

Grandma and Logan went down a few times together too.

Papa even came out and joined the festivities. Damon is definitely a papa's boy and loves his grandpa. We had a great time and were glad to have some company to play games with and enjoy and welcome the New Year. I think it's going to be a great one!

2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

I couldn't believe how big Damon was when we saw you guys at the family party. Looks like so much fun sledding.

Kate said...

Looks like you guys had fun sledding with your parents, it's always fun to have visitors! Your boys are cute!