Monday, December 14, 2009

November in a Nutshell

Well...more like a bombshell of information. The following blog is probably for our journal keeping purposes only and not really for you're enjoyment, but if you're killing time, you may as well catch up. So, these are the noteworthy events (that I remember) from November:

1-My birthday. I turned 25 on November 6th! Wow, time flies, but I sort of feel like I've been 25 for the past few years anyway, so now I guess it's official. I had a great birthday while still in St. George, Morgan came down to visit and we got to go on a date together.

2-Morgan's birthday. He turned 30 on November 13th, but I think he still feels like he should only be 25 too. :) We did more of a joint birthday on his weekend. My parents babysat Logan and Damon overnight on Friday and we headed up to Zion and had an awesome time. We went to a movie, did some hiking, smooching, hot tubbing in the freezing cold at midnight. It was a blast! And now we know a really great place to stay if you're going to be at Zion for a few days, a little pricey, but really nice!

3-Our house got finished and we did our walk-through. They only had to fix a few minor things and replace the garage door. I came up the weekend before Thanksgiving so we could get it all taken care of. We all got to drive down to St. George together for Thanksgiving knowing that when we came up afterwards we would be moving soon.

4-Thanksgiving! We had an awesome Thanksgiving in St. George. Grandma and Grandpa Goodman along with Glen and Mindy's family came down and the weather was so great that we ate outside and basically spent most of the day outside. Logan had an absolute blast with Donovan and we were so glad that DeAnna and Donovan got to be here for Thanksgiving.

5-Closing on our home....just kidding....wait not we really are....nope, not yet....well okay, let's try that again...nevermind....one last shot....okay phew! Closing on our home was quite the exhausting week, usually it only takes a day, but really felt like it took the whole week. Between miscommunication and delay and sorting out paperwork we were just grateful that we were finally able to close on Friday December 4t....even though closing that late meant we couldn't move in that weekend like we had planned and we had to wait until Monday...and pay for another month of our storage unit. But really, we were glad to get the paperwork signed. :)

6-MOVING! We just want to thank everyone again for all your help with the move. We had it all done in less than 2 hours with all the help we had. The weather cooperated by not sending a blizzard. :) I love our house so much and I never want to move again...at least not for a very long time and after all our student loans are paid back.

7-Meeting our new ward! We love our new ward and it just feels so right to be here. We've been able to meet a lot of people and there is a good mix of people in the ward. It sort of feels like the ward I grew up in. After having several different experiences with wards, we are definitely grateful and happy to be where we are.

8-Finally getting: a refrigerator, a washer, a dryer, a garbage can, a recycle bin, a phone line, and Internet. Whew! I never realized that all those things would take longer to get in a new home because of being the very first to live there.

Well, that's about it. We're almost done unpacking, the boys are really slowing things down. :) We're having fun along the way though. They have both adjusted really well to everything. In the next post I'll try to get a conglomeration of pictures over the past month and try to stay on top of things now. Did I already mention how much I love our house?! I really love our house! (especially being able to park in the garage when it's snowing outside). :) Until next time....which hopefully won't be too long!

2 comments:

Adams Family said...

Hip-Hip-Hurray!!!!!

I'm so happy for you and I'm so glad to read what's going on, even on the day you up-dated, how lucky am I ;-)

E-mail me your new address and what nots, please and thank you! love you guys and miss you tons!!

Jen said...

Yay! That is so great that you are in your new home! I bet you're especially excited to be living all together again!