Sunday, April 20, 2008

Oklahoma Adventures Week 37

April 13th - 20th

I cannot believe that April is almost over, that's just insane. It finally started warming up here in Oklahoma. We had really nice weather all week. We're trying to enjoy it as much as possible before all the bugs come out. This week was pretty fun. We've been focusing on trying to get in the habit of holding Family Home Evening every week, and this Monday was two in a row. :) Yay for us. We decided that we needed to get more prepared in case of emergency, so for FHE we pack our 72 hour emergency kits, well, started too, we'll probably have to finish up a little bit tomorrow because there were a few items that we found were missing, but it does feel nice to at least have something in case a freak tornado hits us out of the blue.
On Tuesday, Morgan plays on a soccer team from school, it's just 4 on 4, no keepers, and small goals, but he's been having really fun. He's learning a lot about soccer too, since he never really played growing up. I'm a little jealous because I wish I were out on the field playing too, but as I'm in the process of making another baby, I don't want to take any chances. :) So, instead, me and Logan went and cheered him on. Logan was being such a flirt with all the girls (they are all co-ed teams). And, of course I forgot the camera, so I missed Morgan's awesome goal. The whole time Logan just kept on yelling Dad-Dee. It was really cute. He loves being outside, but he's not so sure about the grass, he'll sit in it, but it was quite the challenge to get him to walk on it. He just stands there like a stone statue when he's on grass. I'm sure he'll get used to it though, we go out and sit on the deck stairs in the afternoon and kicks the grass with his toes. The only thing that could have possibly been better that evening would be no wind! The wind really is an activity killer here. We had to put all our bags on the blanket just to keep it from blowing away, Logan didn't seem to mind too much, but all the same, I'm not a huge fan of wind.

I guess I should get some pictures of Logan up here before I get too long-winded and lose your attention. :) I think this was Tuesday before the soccer games. Anyway, Logan usually gets really clingy when I'm trying to do dishes, so, I finally found a solution to our probably, it's a little messy, but we have a blast.
I just stick him right up there with me on the counter, so far he's never tried to climb down while I'm doing dishes. I give him one of the scrubber brushes and he splashes that in the water and kicks his feet in it. Maybe it will inspire a love of doing the dishes and helping mommy with chores. (ha! I wish)

This being the first time I put him up there, after all the dishes were done and I rinsed the sink out, he just climbed right in and turned the water on, so what I could we possibly do, but take more pictures. :) It was quite the mess and we were both soaked by the end of it, but what fun! Now, we're a little smarter and I put a dishcloth under him on the counter, make sure he's not wearing any pants and I have a dish-towel in front of me too, so I don't get soaked from all his splashing, and finally we make sure that as soon as all the dishes are done we get him down from the counter before he climbs in the sink and turns on the water. :) He just loves water and I can't wait to go swimming with him lots this summer. I guess that means I better find a good prego swimsuit.

I guess I should finish up the rest of our week. Wednesday, Morgan had a combined YM/YW Activity, he's learning all about raising teenagers, and I think he's pretty glad that we don't have any yet. :)

This weekend turned into date/movie weekend. We rented a couple movies from Redbox (Dan in Real Life & August Rush, both were excellent by the way) and after we put Logan to bed on Friday we snuggled up and watched a movie, it was so nice, it's been a long time since we've been able to do that with our busy schedules and finals coming up for Morgan. Then on Saturday, Morgan had a Dosimetry Conference that he went to for most of the day, and then we both went to a Stake Youth Activity that was at the park. Our friends were there so we got to play on the playground for a little bit. (Of course, I forgot the camera, again!). Morgan was playing ultimate Frisbee with the kids, so Logan and I got to play with some of his friends and walk around. At first he wasn't too sure about walking on the concrete under the pavilion, but it only took him a little while before he took off. He would get right to the edge and could feel the little drop off and he just kept walking along side it trying to find a way to get down. When he couldn't, he just squatted down, leaned over and started grabbing all the dirt and the rocks. He is definitely all boy. He tried to eat several rocks/pebbles and I'm sure he got a handful of dirt or too in there, but he's still alive and well.

All in all, it was a really good week and we ended the night with another movie after Logan went to bed. I'm so glad Logan has an early bedtime. :) Well, this was quite the wordy post, hopefully when we have more of our adventures I won't be so absentminded and forget the camera all the time. I do have a few more pictures though.

Logan loves to grab his toys and stick them in his mouth and walk around the house. What a funny boy! ...till next week.

3 comments:

heidijogoody said...

I love the pictures of Logan in the sink that does look like a lot of fun. Sometimes it might be hard to get over what messes some things can make but once we do them it makes the mess all worth it :)

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

That cracks me up about the sink. Donovan likes to try and climb up my legs while I am cooking...I don't think that would work. I am excited for Brad to be done with school so we can have some alone time too!! Logan is getting so big and he is so adorable!!

kgoody said...

That cute. Im going private really soon so I need your address if you want on Thanks