Sunday, April 13, 2008

Oklahoma Adventures Week 36

April 6th - 13th

What a crazy week! The week went by dreadfully slow as we were anticipating the arrival of the grandparents, even though it was pretty busy. On Tuesday nights Morgan has soccer games, he joined a club at the school. Me and Logan weren't able to go, but we'll make it next time and take pictures. Then, the rest of the week Morgan was planning a boy scout overnight camp that was happening on Friday.
But, finally the weekend came, we were planning on Grandma being here late Thursday night, but she wasn't able to get on the flight. :( So, we didn't get to see her until Friday afternoon. Grandpa showed up on Friday morning though, and had some great bonding time and got a chance to let Logan warm up to him again while we were grocery shopping. Morgan had to leave for his camp out that afternoon, just as we were leaving to pick up Grandma from the airport, and I was definitely glad I at least had my parents there with me while he was away at his camp out. Morgan and I have only ever spent a few nights away since we got married. I still missed him, even though it was only one night.
On Saturday morning, we went birthday shopping at Toys-R-Us. Grandpa stayed home and babysat, while the girls went shopping. Wow! They have some awesome toys, it's been ages since I've been there, and they were having a pretty good sale on stuff, so Logan definitely got a little extra spoiled this year between his two grandparents and us. :)
We got home and Grandma couldn't wait any longer, so we had to try out a few toys before Daddy got home. He loved the bubbles. We tried bubbles a while ago and he wasn't super excited about it, but I think with Grandma making funny faces and playing with him, he really started to get into the bubbles. We got some great pictures.
This is my favorite one, above.

The bubble popped.

I know all the bubble pictures look so much the same, but they were all so cute, I couldn't resist.

Logan is officially 1 year old now. I can't believe it. That was the occasion for the my parents coming out. His birthday was April 12th. Time goes by so fast! We had some fun celebrating. Morgan got home from him camp out at about 5:30, so we let him hurry and shower and get cleaned up and then we headed out to dinner. It was packed so we just ordered takeout and took it home, which was probably a good thing. Logan has been playing hard this weekend, so he was actually getting a little sleepy, but that all changed once we got the cake in front of him. :) We had some video, but the camera battery died and I don't have enough time to get it up today, so maybe next week. I did get a few before and after cake pictures.

"Oh my, is that for me! Oh, you shouldn't have."

"You mean, you're actually going to let me touch it...I'm not sure I believe you."

"They're not taking it away yet, I guess it's true, I can touch it, and eat it, and it's not that bad mom, good job."

"mmfphs, ooytmms" (Thank you)"A spoon, eh? I think I do better with my hands."

"I'll humor them I suppose."

"Thanks mom and dad, you're the best!"

*Smooch*

Well, I think he had a pretty good birthday, we took him straight from the high chair to the tub and cleaned up the mess in the kitchen while daddy gave him a bath. After that we "opened" the rest of the presents and played with them for a while until he was so tired that about the time his head hit the mattress he was asleep.

Now, onto the this morning. We had to take Grandma and Grandpa to the airport early, so Morgan stayed home and fed Logan breakfast, then later decided to get some of his own. I think last night gave Logan the idea that he could grab all the food in front of him.

No, Morgan did not have and "accident"...well, unless you consider trying to eat your cereal with Logan on your lap an accident.

Once it's done, it's done and there is nothing you can do, but laugh and grab the camera.

We didn't want him getting into the mess on the floor, so Morgan put him on the table and of course he went immediately for the Cheerios.

And, let me tell you, he was so proud of himself for eating all by himself. haha.

After such an exciting birthday, we're all pooped, Logan especially. Morgan put him down for his morning nap before church and he was stirring a bit and when it got quiet, I couldn't resist to see what he fell asleep doing. This is what we found.

Hehehe, Happy Birthday Logan, we love you so much and are so grateful that you are part of our family. You are such a wonderful blessing in our lives and we learn so much from you. Your smiles melt our hearts!

6 comments:

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

Donovan will be 1 in just 4 short months, they are growing up way too fast! I know what you mean about the bubble pictures, I take so many pictures of Donovan and even though some of them look the same I still love them all!!

Anonymous said...

Happiest of Birthdays to Logan! You and Morgan look like great parents, Annie. Before you know it, Logan will be 15, it goes so fast. I hope I get to see him in person more than once a year, but it's sure nice to keep up with my wee cousin in bloglandia. Enjoy all those little smiles and messy cake faces. Wonderful pictures! Happy April to the whole family!

Kim said...

Hey Im not sure what email address you use for blogging so let me know

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Logan! What great pictures. Annie, tell your parents hi from us!

The Shill Spill said...

Happy Birthday Logan! :)
I think the picture commentary is the gretest! :) It really looks likehe is thinking and saying those things. :) Sooooooo cute! :) Thanks for sharing! :)

heidijogoody said...

Happy birthday Logan I can't believe he is 1 it is so crazy how fast time flies. Sounds like you had a great weekend and so did Logan!