Sunday, November 25, 2007

Oklahoma Week 16

November 18th - 24th

This week was full of firsts. Logan's first tooth finally popped through, then after a couple days and some hysterical crying the second one finally came through on the bottom. It was also Logan's first Thanksgiving. We forgot the camera, but we still had fun. We ended up going over to our aunt's house and it ended up being just the 6 of us: Morgan, Annie, Logan, and Gary, Nola, Brayden. It was actually quite a peaceful Thanksgiving and I'm sure it will probably be the last that will be that quiet (well we did have that bit of Logan's teething hysterics during our game after dinner). We did miss our families and hope that you all had wonderful Thanksgivings too and we'll celebrate together soon over Christmas! :) If you look really hard in the next picture you can kind of see his tooth...

...and then of course as soon as he realizes what we're trying to do he closes his mouth. He's so shy around the camera, and yet he's always such a ham.

As you can see he's getting so close to crawling, he is rolling all over the place and scoots around every now and again and I'm sure he'll get the hang of crawling soon enough...

...okay, so we still have to help him quite a bit. He can get his butt up in the air just fine, and he can do some awesome push-ups, he just needs to figure out how to do them at the same time...
Logan's favorite time of the day is playing with daddy, whether it's being tossed in the air or rolling around on the floor, he sure loves his daddy.

Sometimes though when he's rolling around we find him in the craziest places. His favorite place to get stuck is under the futon in the office, except when he can't figure out how to get back out.

Morgan had some time off this week, so we went to a movie with Nola and Brayden. We saw "Bee Movie" I liked it, Morgan didn't so much, he was a little disappointed there weren't more Seinfeld cameos. The babies did great. Logan likes hanging out with his cousin and can't wait for Christmas to hang out with the rest of them!
Logan loves to help with laundry and gets a kick out of playing with the laundry baskets. I decided to use that to my advantage, so now that he's rolling around and I'm trying to fold clothes on the bed, I just utilize my resources.
Now I don't have to worry about him rolling off the bed. haha :) It's starting to getting cold here in Oklahoma (which I love) so we've been making sure all his jackets fit. This is our favorite one so far.
Well, I think I've covered the major highlights of the week. Morgan and I gave talks in church today, it went well. I think I was the least nervous that I have ever been to give a talk...I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, needless to say, I'm glad it's over and I don't have to worry about it anymore. It's been a great week and it will be sad for us to go back to work and school this next week, we had so much fun. We are looking forward to Christmas and the wonderful adventures that await us then. So, until next week, keep smiling!

3 comments:

heidijogoody said...

It sounds like you had another good week. I am sure that your little one will be crawling in no time especially if he is getting up on all fours like that!

CassideeT said...

Your kid looks like Steve. How is Oklahoma? Probably similar to Texas. Hope things are going well for you guys. What's up New2?

Jason, Kim, & Kallie said...

How awesome! I love your Blog Annie! He is such a doll.