Sunday, November 11, 2007

Oklahoma Week 14

November 4th - 10th

This week has been quite interesting. We didn't take near as many pictures, but that's mostly due to the fact that both of us at one time or another were feeling a bit under the weather. The week started out alright and he was his normal self and even helped me get a bit of work done...even if I did catch him sleeping on the job. :)He's also been a really good eater...well until Wednesday, but I'll get to that later. We've been experimenting with all sorts of foods. I even let him go to town on a banana in his little muncher. We're getting really good at cleaning up messes and although you can't really see the banana, it's ALL over. He even managed to get some in his ears, hair, & pants.

We celebrated my birthday on Tuesday, unfortunately, Morgan got sick that day, he hardly ever gets sick, but when he does, it's usually pretty bad, luckily it was just a 24 hour bug and he was starting to feel better towards the evening. I still had a good birthday and got some new shoes and clothes. It seemed though, that today would be the start of a rough week. We took Logan in on Wednesday for his immunizations and checkup. He's now 27 1/2 inches long and 16 pounds although he feels like he's at least 25. :) He is growing and is a healthy boy. But man, did those shots take a toll on him this time. That little man would not sleep a wink that night unless we were holding him. Needless to say, he got some sleep, mommy didn't. It was a long night, but I have been greatly blessed that he is usually a good sleeper so it didn't make the night as unbearable. The next morning he was feeling a little bit better, but still not himself and needed lots of attention, and unfortunately, I caught whatever Morgan had, so I was feeling miserable all day and Morgan had to work that day and boy was I glad to see him when he got home from work, I was exhausted, so he took care of The Buddy for the rest of the evening.

That night Logan still had a hard time sleeping and in the middle of the night I finally gave in and tried to feed him, and he ate, and quietly went back to sleep, he really hadn't been eating much solid foods the last couple days and I figured it was because he wasn't feeling good from the shots, so feeding him made sense, but here's the thing, and mom's out there, I need your help, now even 4 days after his shots he seems to have NO interest in eating his solid foods. He won't open his mouth, but acts hungry. I don't know what to do! The doctor gave us the go ahead to move up to 2nd foods which I thought was great since he was going through about 3 containers of food, and now...nothing. He'll eat his biter biscuits and puts everything in his mouth unless it's a spoon with food on it. :( Is this just a phase? Any advice? Anyone? Anyone? .... Beuller?

Anyway, other than the eating, Logan was back to his cheerful self by Friday...well except nighttime, he's now waking up in the middle of the night hungry because he's not eating his solids. :( On a happier note though, I made my first pie ever...a pumpkin pie, 2 to be exact.We had a ward Thanksgiving Party and Morgan signed us up to bring pumpkin pies. He thought we would just buy them, but I really wanted to try my hand at pie making. I had to take the picture before I baked them just in case they didn't turn out...they did though thanks to pre-made frozen crusts, so I guess I cheated a little bit, but you have to start somewhere.

On Saturday I went grocery shopping and got Logan all sorts of wonderful foods, Morgan was even a little jealous at his selection, but still nothing, so we gave him a biter biscuit and he devoured it....well, I think most of it ended up on me and him.


He sure enjoyed it though. It's really sticky, so he ended up in the bath afterwards. He's still our little angel and we love him...even through this trying week and I'm sure it will get better, so we'll just keep plugging away and try to come up with something to get him to eat and sleep better. I really hope it was just because of the shots and that soon enough he'll be 100%. This is such a sweet picture to end on, he really is such an amazing blessing in our lives.

We'll be sure to take more pictures this coming week now that we're all feeling better. Until next time.....

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

Kids go through phases with eating that is for sure. One thing I did to trick the girls was to put something they liked on the spoon like you coud put part of the biter biscuit on the spoon and show him it is ok and that it tastes good then put some baby food on the spoon with the biter biscuit and see if he will eat it that way then try it without and see if he will remember that it is ok. sometimes when their little tummy's are hurting they just don't have the gut to eat anything really so just keep trying and dont give up hopefully he will go back to remembing how fun it was to try new foods and then hopefully he will go back to sleeping through the night. Poor little guy and poor mommy and daddy. Good luck.