Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Summer Catch Up

This is going to be a little random as I try to catch up on the last month or so, and it will probably be backwards, but there are some fun things we have done lately that I want to make sure I remember.  The week before the 4th of July I took the boys down to St. George to give Morgan some time to work on some Weber teaching stuff.

We had planned to go after the 4th of July, but my mom was flying in to Salt Lake from Atlanta the last week in June and called to see if I wanted to come down early and she could drive down with me, then I would only have to make the trip alone one way.  I had a few things to re-arrange, but boy was I glad that my mom was with me.  Tragon hadn't been feeling too hot a couple days before.  Probably because he dumped out a box of cereal and ate all the green marshmallows.  He was throwing up green slime for the rest of the day, so I was a little worried about the car ride.

Of course, it ended up being Logan that couldn't keep his food down.  We stopped in Nephi at Burger King and got some smoothies to share.  Logan pretty much drank the Strawberry Banana one all by himself (it was kind of nasty).  Sidenote: While we were in Nephi the fire over by Delta was filling the sky with smoke and ash and we were actually having ash fall on us.  We didn't stay very long so we could get back on the road before any roads closed.  So, just a little while after leaving Nephi, my mom decided to sit back by the boys in the back seat and play with them a little bit.  Good thing she did because not too long after that Logan threw up the strawberry smoothie.  It looked pretty much the same going down as coming back up.  Logan filled up the cup to the very tippy top, but still had some left, so I hurried and handed back our only half empty drink of Sprite...he filled that to the top too, but never spilled a drop.  Of course, if you know my mom she's back there gagging and almost losing it too, thankfully she didn't, although Damon almost grabbed the cup of vomit and tried to drink it thinking it was a smoothie, he was pretty put out when we told him not to drink it.......sooooo glad my mom was there or it would have been a really big mess.

We made it to St. George with a little more fussing and crying, but arrived in one piece and not too worse for the wear.  It was super hot though the entire time we were down there.  We actually played inside most of the time, but on a couple evening we would get the sprinkler out and put it under the trampoline and jump in the water.
 That is actually one of my favorite memories and favorite things to do, is to jump on the trampoline in the rain or with water.
 The boys had a blast and even got me out there.  I didn't get totally soaked, but I did get pretty wet.
 It was so hot though, that I dried off in no time.
 I hope that I get opportunities to do fun things like that with my boys more and teach them and show them the fun stuff I used to do as a kid.
 Brittyn (my niece) and Jaron got along really well.  They would both smile real big at each other.
 After jumping on the trampoline I got the boys towels so they could lay out and get dry.  They covered their faces because the sun was so hot it was "melting" them.

We had a lot of fun in St. George, but really missed Daddy!  He missed us too.  :)  The drive back home by myself wasn't too bad actually.  I could definitely feel the prayers of family, because when the kids were screaming or crying or fighting, I just knew that they were safe, not hurting, and really I couldn't do anything about it, so it didn't really stress me out as much as I thought it would  Those are some simple tender mercies that I was grateful for.

We made it home and unpacked and headed up to Morgan's parents house for a 4th of July Celebration.  We had some yummy steaks, played in water, and did some fireworks.  It was really fun to be outside and just let the kids play with all their cousins, I think they had a really great time.  Needless to say, when we finally got home that night everyone was really exhausted and slept very well.

In other news, my baby Jaron has been eating solid food for several weeks now.  I never started my other kids this early (about 4 months) but Jaron was going through a major growth spurt and hungry all the time.
 Morgan's sister babysat for us while we went to Benihana for a work dinner (super delicious).  I fed him right before we left, but he acted like he was starving not long after we left, so Bev gave him a little applesauce and he loved it!
 Since then we have added Sweet potatoes, Pears, and Bananas and so far he has done great with pretty much all of it.  I still nurse him about every three hours and then he has solids 2-3 times a day too.
 And I tell you what, he's definitely been a lot happier since he's been getting more to eat.  :)  Except now he is constantly covered in drool and teething.  He doesn't seem too fussy by it, just really slobbery all the time.
 During the summer months when all the neighborhood kids are out of school we have been trying to have more playdates, almost everyday.  On one crazy day we had some kids here, some kids there, and then swapping, and anyway, lots of fun.
 This is Tragon with his friend from Nursery.  Usually Tragon does not like to share his chair with other people, so I had to get a quick snapshot.
I can't remember what they were watching, but it did keep them occupied for quite some time.  It's really cute watching them play together.
Jaron takes after Logan in that he likes to be tossed.  Some of the best laughs and smiles we got from Logan were when Morgan and I would play catch with him and Jaron is just the same.  
He had just woken up from a nap, so his smiles and laughs weren't the greatest, but it's always hard to get that on camera.
Damon likes to be on the computer more now and is getting pretty good at controlling the mouse and knowing what he can and can't do.  They love watching Disney Jr. and they found this clip of Buzz and Lenny having a staring contest.  They watched it at least a dozen times (literally, no exaggeration) and every time Damon would just bust up laughing.  It was pretty funny, the movie clip doesn't do it justice, but it's here anyway.

It has been quite the summer.  There have been lots of major fires this summer, more than I ever remember, and it's been really hot lately, but we have found ways to still have fun.  We'll usually have friends over or play outside in the morning and then try to do fun activities in the afternoon.

I'm looking forward to the rest of our activities this summer and then Logan gets to start school.  I'm really excited about that.  So until next time....



1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

Oh my goodness thank goodness for your mom being in the car with you. You are brave to travel that alone. Sounds like you still had a great time